The Center’s Youth Housing Project provides safe and supportive housing for homeless youth, with a special focus on LBGTQ+ and HIV-positive youth. The 23-unit facility is located in downtown San Diego at 1640 Broadway, close to City College, public transportation, community health facilities and other essential resources. The facility is wheelchair accessible and contains two units that have been retrofitted to accommodate persons in wheelchairs.
· Applicants must be homeless as defined by HUD.
· Applicants must be between the ages of 18-24 at time of application.
· Applicants must meet low-income requirements.
· Applicants must have a qualifying disability.
· Applicants must be able to live independently.
· Eligibility is based on the applicant’s current need, apartment availability and the application process.
· Applicants DO NOT need to be LGBTQ or HIV+ to qualify
Contact Beth Barnes, Director of Operations
(619) 692-2077 X125
3909 Centre St., San Diego, CA 92163
The only shelter in San Diego for homeless/runaway teenagers (ages 12‐17)
Provides a residential shelter for abused, neglected, or abandoned children. Services include prevention, identification, intervention, and treatment, including therapy, for abused children and their families. Children receive a physical and psychological assessment upon intake. counseling and daily group discussions are available. Provides on‐site schooling for preschool thru 12th grade. Hours: 24‐hour/7‐day Residential Facility and Intake Eligibility: Children ages 6 to 17. Child must be in the temporary or permanent custody of the court.
4070 Mission Avenue Oceanside, CA 92057
(760) 754‐5500 Service/Intake